Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Calm Before The Storm




We managed to escape to the mountains for the weekend. It's stunningly beautiful up here today. Bright sunshine and a hint of a breeze. The dogs are sunning themselves on the deck and the boyfriend is giving me minute by minute updates on all the Housewives. Damn Twitter. I know I'm going to regret having Internet access up here.

It's a good thing I'm getting a little downtime because Monday is the the start of the new job.

Kinda.

They ended up making me an offer I could easily refuse; essentially it was a cut in pay AND the addition of a two hour, fifty mile commute. What's not to love? I said no and we ended up hashing out a deal where I'm kinda/sorta an employee and I get to work from home and I can keep my other clients and my teaching gig. All they ask is that I come in once a week for a staff meeting. The first one is Monday at 9:30. Which means I should probably leave OC around... 3:00am. Thats if I plan on being on time.

This is a horrible admission to make but I don't even really know what my company does. It's one of these nebulous "online" ventures. We deal with "content", whatever that is. All I know is my job is to make it look pretty. It could either be the next Facebook or one of a million Internet flameouts. I think I'll just keep my mouth shut and ride the wave.